Saturday, February 20, 2016

Thanksgiving Week

Today's post will be short. It's Thanksgiving week, and I have a very long Honey-do list. We're hosting nine of our closest friends for Thanksgiving dinner this Thursday, and I can't wait.

I imagine that this will be the most meaningful Thanksgiving I've had in a long time. I have a LOT to be thankful for this year. You wanna hear something funny, and ironic? Last year, when we spent Thanksgiving with, for the most part, this same group of friends, we did the traditional thing where everyone at the table told something they were thankful for. Guess what mine was? Good health. I guess my health wasn't as good as I thought it was. But I'm still so blessed. More blessed than I can possibly say. Not in spite of the cancer, but because of it. That's what my Thanksgiving post will be about. Being thankful not just in the bad times, but for them. I've never understood that concept before, but I do now.

Yesterday an entire church put their arms around me and prayed for my healing. A good friend and pastor counseled me on some important issues that I need to face. He was a pastor to me at a time when I needed it, a time when we are still basically between churches. That's what I'm talking about. Blessing.

I said to my pastor friend yesterday that I realize that I'm in the fun part of this now. I still feel pretty good, and everywhere I go, people love on me. But I know that it may very well get much worse before it gets better, if it ever does. A few years from now, I may be looking back on this time thinking I was dumb to think it was all gonna be like this. I know it won't. But for now, I'm living on love for as long as I can.

I couldn't keep to my regular eating schedule yesterday, and this morning I weighed 123. That's the lowest I've been so far. I stopped weighing myself every day, and I had been pounding down the calories until yesterday. I hope that just one day of not keeping to my program is not gonna cost me that much in the future. It's hard for me to gain 7 pounds. Although this would be the week to do it!

Thanks again for checking in. It means so much to me knowing you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment