Saturday, February 20, 2016

More Lifestyle Changes

I tried my first Boost shake yesterday, with a couple of scoops of ice cream added. The regular kind of Boost is only 260 calories, so I got the high calorie kind that's 360 calories per bottle, plus the ice cream. It tasted OK, so I don't think I'd have any trouble having one of those each day to keep my weight up. I weighed 126 this morning. Up two pounds from yesterday. But I know that I need to watch the overall trend, rather than get too excited about each day's number, whether it's up or down. I don't really think I gained two pounds from one shake.

One aspect of my lifestyle that will have to change is how often I eat. For the last 25 years, at least, my habit has been to eat 2 meals per day, breakfast and dinner. Since I've worked at home since the 80's, I've been able to eat breakfast fairly late, around 8:00 AM or even 9:00 AM, depending on my schedule, and I eat dinner around 5:00 PM. If I had a lunch appointment with someone, I'd skip breakfast so I'd be hungry for lunch. If I eat a good breakfast, I'm not hungry for lunch. If I eat lunch, I'm not hungry for dinner. That's the way I've always been, at least since I started working at home.

Now I have to eat more small meals throughout the day. I can't stuff myself when I do eat, so that means I can't wait until I feel hungry to eat, especially since I don't feel hunger pangs as much as I used to because of the Lupron. If I eat a good sized breakfast, a protein shake for lunch, an energy bar for a mid-afternoon snack, a good sized dinner (good sized meaning I eat until I'm full), and snack during the evening, that should help me keep my weight up. If that's not enough, then I will need to see a doctor about it. Good grief, I'm turning into a hobbit! Second breakfast, afternoon tea...

When we have something in the evening, like we have Bible study tonight, it makes it hard to snack as much as I need to, but I'll just have to try to eat something when we get home. It will also help when my ankle is better and I can start working out again.

I also know that it's important to weigh myself at the same time each day, wearing the same amount of clothing, etc. I haven't been consistent about that yet. I'm still establishing my new routines. Lifestyle changes. I'm all about 'em, but there's a limit. Just saying.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving next week. I can't wait for the holiday season to really start. I'm feeling so much love right now that I know the holidays are going to be awesome. They'll be that way because of the people I love. If I hug a little longer, cry a little (make that a LOT) easier, and gush a little more, please bear with me. Remember, it's the Lupron talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment