Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Dialogue

My head is still spinning over the events of the last week. The outpouring of love, support, prayers, and financial assistance has been beyond incredible. I feel like Sally Field. You like me! You really, really like me!

But seriously, that is how I feel. I feel very loved right now. I've always had a hard time understanding people who are going through hard times or serious health issues talking about how blessed they are and how good God is to them. My dad is a prime example of that! Talk about a "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him" attitude. But now I get it. Everywhere I go, people want to love on me. Every time I look at my computer or phone, I'm reminded that someone loves me. It's the most precious thing there is, other than Jesus himself.

Lupron makes me very emotional. Not that I need that much of a push right now. But seriously, anything can set me off these days, it seems like. This morning I was eating breakfast and had the news on and heard about the death of Minnesota Timberwolves head coach Flip Saunders to cancer. At age 60. I'm 60. That hit me hard, even though I've ever met the guy, and couldn't care less about the T-Wolves. (Go Nuggets!) But that hit a little too close to home. I was verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves!

But none of that is what I wanted to talk about today. I really appreciate and want to thank all of you for your comments. Any suggestions you can give me that you think will help would be greatly appreciated. Because I don't want this to be a monologue, I want it to be a dialogue.

To everyone who is praying for us, thank you! I I've certainly felt this before at various times in my life, but I can feel people's prayers now in a way that I never have before. See, the problem with me is, I've had it too easy. I haven't had enough challenge in my life. Very little in the way of tribulation. I've never "come to the end of myself." And I may not be there now, but I can see it from here! And the closer we get to that point, the more we can feel people's prayers, it seems to me.

Thanks again for checking in! Much more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment